Join The Party That Fights For California

Changing your registered party preference to CNP is the easiest way to support Californian independence. It’s free and takes less than five minutes. Questions? Registration FAQ should like to this page:


To change your party preference, you must re-register to vote. The process is the same as registering for the first time. You must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of California to register. You can register ONLINE or by MAIL.


You can register to vote online if you have a California driver’s license or a California ID.


  1. Go to and click on “Register to Vote Now.”
  2. Fill in the requested information.
  3. Under “Political Party Preference,” select “Other” from the drop-down menu, and write in “California National Party.”
Image Register


You can get a free voter registration application at your county elections office, any Department of Motor Vehicles office, and many post offices and public libraries. To have an application mailed to you, call your county elections office or the Secretary of State’s toll-free voter hotline at (800) 345-VOTE.


When indicating your party preference on your application, check “Other” and write in “California National Party.” Mail or hand-deliver your completed application to your county elections office.


Not sure whether you’re registered to vote in California? Can’t remember your party preference? You can confirm that information and more by visiting You’ll need to enter the following:

  • Your California driver’s license or California ID number
  • The last four digits of your Social Security number
  • Your date of birth
Translate »